6.11.08

NAMME Bright Moments Questions: Talent. ♪

In my journalism class, I have to write about the development of minority media. So I went to the site for NAMME (National Assotiation of Multicultural Media Executives) and I came across this list of questions in the Bright Moments section about talent. I found the questions as well as my answers to them to be quite clever and interesting and I thought I could add this to my creative writing portfolio.


My Talent: Dance. ♪


Q: What percentage of time do you use this talent?

A: Infinity percent!

Q: What percentage of time would you like to apply it?

A: I don't think it's possible to apply anymore than I do.

Q: How are you likely to feel if you draw on it more often?

A: You can't draw on dance. I believe dance is a form of drawing if you really think about it. The way you move makes pictures. It all depends on how you move and to what kind of music you are dancing to. Each dance has its own meaning. You can become a totally different person in a dance. It's really just a form of acting. It's a visualisation.

Q: What happens when you underutilize it?

A: I'm weak for a little while. I have to do double my work-outs to gain my strength, balance and flexibility back to keep my dances and choreographies clean.

Q: How can you use your talent at work in a new way?

A: I want to do something with dance. Whether it's a Knicks City Dancer, a Vegas showgirl, or something to do with Broadway. I'm trying to get a crew started right now.

Q: What do you need to do to make it happen?

A: Just keep dancing, and get better at it. I feel more and more determined each time I watch those dance movies. I see them dance, and I feel I need to be better. I'm extremely competitive when I watch them. Sometimes it's to the point where I don't want to watch it.

Q: What activity can you do in your free time that will strengthen of polish that talent?

A: Lots and lots of stretching and push-ups. Oh yes, and sit-ups. I do 600 sit-ups in a set per day, and 20 push-ups as well. My goal is to be able to do atleast 40 push-ups with-in the next month or so. I hope I can reach it.

Q: Who can help you gain further insight about your ability?

A: All of my instrustors and my friends watching me who want to see me get further with it.

0 件のコメント:

Main Ingredients:

自分の写真
What's cookin home skillets?
I'm Allie fluffin Sailboat.
I speak a lil Japanese + I've been dancing my heart out since the age of 3.
I've had Arthritis since the age of 4.
I have a doggie named Mr. Leno, + a kitty named Lucky.
I am very poetic + artistic.
I love to play piano + I suck balls at guitar,
but "pelvic thrust" your couch. I will play anyway.
I really want to learn the harp + viola.
I'm working on an acoustic project called The Amity Ship.
I'm considering making it a mini orchestra.
I am very adventurous + I'm going to sail the world!
No one, I repeat, NO ONE is going to stop me or my crew!
I am open minded + pretty much up for anything.
I hope to save the world someday on my journeys!

Bon apitit! <3



You can add me on myspace too.
I'm mad friendly.
Allie's MySpace:

myspace.com/allie_sailboat

My YouTuber:

youtube.com/hxcjournalistallie